- Conventional Robusta
- Kampala Domestic Store Ltd (KDS) deal exclusively in green coffee, mainly in Robusta. Green Beans (FAQ) are purchased directly from either growers or brokers/middlemen and are processed (cleaned and graded) and packaged into 60kg sacks in the Kampala Domestic Store Ltd (KDS)’ plant. The final product is suitable for sale and exportation.
- The main reason as to why Kampala Domestic Store Ltd deals in mostly Robusta coffee, is because of its location in the Robusta growing area. It is also because of the company’s strategic policy of a one stop shopping center in Kampala. We don’t follow the coffee but we need the coffee to follow us. This has helped us to ensure quality and minimize risk on the cash transportation, and at the same time minimize on the overhead costs incurable in the fields.
- Kampala Domestic Store Ltd does offer Robusta coffee in the following grades, screen 1800, screen 1700, screen 1500, screen 1400, screen 1200, Black Beans, BHPs. These are given upon execution of a contract and deliverable on the FOT/R (Free on truck / rail) Kampala strictly
- Washed Robusta
- Of recent, because of our expansion policy we can provide Washed Robusta in small quantities and is sold by sample basis. So far have sold 2 x 20” of high quality Washed Robusta.
- Arabica Coffee
- Being in a predominantly Robusta area doesn’t permanently restrict us from trading in the Arabicas. We do offer DRUGAR & WUGAR on several occasions.
We intend to increase export of Arabica coffees and wet processed Robusta. Kampala Domestic Stores Ltd (KDS) has taken the first step towards a differentiated product. To further distinguish our coffee, we adhere to higher quality standards. This is seen from our out turn of approximately ninety-five percent of the coffee bought. In addition, all of our coffee is organic by default.
Coffee Supply Chain
The diagram below shows our coffee supply chain